Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Scallop Florentine

Whats on the menu? Scallop Florentine (find it HERE)

How easy was it to make?  I have to say it was a little time consuming and a little daunting for me. I have never in my life attempted to make scallops and I was afraid that I was going to under or over cook them... and they would be totally inedible or something. I stopped at Price Chopper (because they have a great seafood and meat section) and got the scallops. The guy at the counter said that they were "super fresh" and had just came in that morning. So, I had that on my side!

The "Florentine" part was pretty easy to make and smelled fantastic while cooking. It was mostly a waiting game. Add the onion and wait for it to cook... add the tomato, garlic and mushroom and wait some more now add the spinach and wait wait wait... Thats when I started to get anxious about cooking the scallops.

I looked on line to see how to "sear" something because the instructions said to sear each side for 1.5 to 2 minutes. That is where I saw that I was suppose to rinse and dry each scallop (who knew). I was scared about this, but it worked. The kinda stuck to the skillet, I think it was a little too hot... or something. Maybe not enough oil... or it could just be my crappy stove. Who knows. Either way they wound up coming out ok and we both survived!

So... how was it? I have to say, I was impressed with myself. I absolutely loved it. The florentine could actually be made and put under anything. I would imagine that it would be great with steak, chicken, pork... or even another seafood. I scoffed it down pretty quickly!

Will I make it again? Yes! This is a make again one for sure! If not the whole thing certainly the florentine. I will also be more open to making scallops again. Now that I have an idea of what I am doing I am not as scared as I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment