Well, come up with a solution on my own!! I know how to bake (these are no bake though) but I am much more comfortable with these types of ingredients than I am with savory ones.
I cant wait to have them this week!! They came out fantastic!!
*Disclaimer: though the chocolate chips are dairy, nut and soy free they are not considered totally Paleo, so if you are doing a Paleo Challenge or staying completely 100% Paleo this recipe will cost you points.*
What you need:
- 2 Cups Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (I used salted Trader Joes)
- 1 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Cup "Enjoy Life" Soy Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Chocolate Chips
What you do:
- Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan.
- At the same time combine almonds, coconut, and almond butter in a food processor, blend
- Transfer to bowl (or if you have a large enough food processor I suppose you could keep it in there) and add protein powder and salt than mix with hand mixer
- At this point the coconut oil should be done melting, add vanilla and agave
- Mix into nut mixture
- Press mixture into 8X8 Pan
- Let refrigerate for an hour
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over really low heat (mixing constantly)
- Pour over chilled bars
- Return to fridge for another 20 minutes and they should be ready to serve!
I had Hubs test when he got home from the gym... he said they were fantastic! So proud of myself!!