*Disclaimer: Sweet potatos are considered paleo in moderation. If you are trying to maintain the Paleo Lifestyle be careful when you consume these. If doing a Paleo Challenge typically sweet potato is "allowed" only within 30 minutes of a WOD.*
What you need:
- Two Sweet Potatoes (this makes 8 pancakes)
- 4 Pieces of All Natural Bacon
- Green Onion
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Cayenne
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
What you do:
- Fry up bacon while peeling sweet potatoes.
- Use cheese grater and shred 2 sweet potatos
- After bacon is done, drain grease and leave pan coated and add grease as needed.
- Cut up green onion and bacon, add to potatoes.
- Add 2 eggs to shredded potatoes and mix by hand.
- Add sea salt, Cayenne and black pepper
- Mix up very good by hand, mix will be very sloppy
- Preheat nonstick fry pan at Medium heat.
- Shape pancakes, try to make them about only about 1/2 to 3/4 of inch thick.
- We save bacon grease when we make bacon any time, so either add some more bacon grease right before starting to cook them or add a little olive oil to pan before dropping them on.
- Should take about 7-8 minutes per side but just watch them so they don't burn, only flip them once and dont handle them a lot while cooking or they will fall to pieces!
These are GREAT reheated with lunch for work the next day... we had them above with sausages... YUMMY!!