Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes

We love pumpkin at this house and fall is the best time for that pumpkin flavor. We found this recipe and wanted to try it right away!! They came out great... and the second time I made them I threw in some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (which are gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, tree nut free soy free, egg free and casein free) I had in the freezer leftover from when I made brownies. They were so good!

Got the original recipe here... http://cfscceat.blogspot.com/2011/01/pumpkin-paleo-pecan-pancakes.html

What you need:
1/2 C pumpkin puree, organic, unsweetened
1/2 C almond butter
1/4 C chopped pecans, toasted
2 eggs
2 T honey
1 T vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
(chocolate chips if you have them)
What you do:
Preheat grill to 350 degrees
Mix everything together
Pour on grill and let cook for about 2 minutes
Flip (be careful, the nuts make the pancakes heavy so they arent that easy to flip)
Cook of the other side for 2-3 more minutes
Serve...
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment