Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Egg Muffins

Seeing as how I get up at the butt crack of dawn every day to head to the gym, when I get back I have no time for breakfast. I pop my protein shake after my workout, try to get in some carbs when I get home but by the time I get to work I am hungry again.

Hubs makes these Egg Muffins for me on Sunday and they last all week!! I toss them in the microwave for about a minute and have a yummy protein and veggie filled breakfast every day!

What you need:
1/2 lb of 85% Lean Ground Beef
1 Can of Mushroom Pieces and Stems
1 Can of Diced Tomatos and Chilis
1/2 White Onion
10 All Natural Free Range Eggs
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil

What you do:
- Preheat oven 375
- Brown the beef until done and set aside
- Chop and saute onions in olive oil until done set aside
- Crack all 10 eggs and whisk in a separate bowl
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil
- Fill muffin tins with meat, onion, tomato and mushrooms
- Pour eggs into each tin and gently mix each one slightly
- Bake 20-22 minutes
- Pop out of muffin tins to cool on rack.

Notes: We use a "Texas Muffin Pan" bigger than regular size muffins. This recipe makes 8 muffins...



No comments:

Post a Comment