Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Fig Pinwheel Cookie (redemption)

So, after my horrible experience with the cupcakes I had to do something yummy to redeem myself! My friend at worked lent me a paleo cookbook and it had a "treats and cheats" section. I wish I could remember the name of the book... I just copied a few recipes out of it.


*Disclaimer: Honey is considered paleo in moderation. If doing a Paleo Challenge check the "rules" of your challenge to be sure that it is allowed in moderation or risk losing points.*

This is one of them... I have now made these 4 times. They are DYNAMITE!! Absolutely redeemed myself from the epic fail!!

These take a little while to make, and they are a little complicated, but once you get the hang of it they get easier!

What you need:
- 3 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Dried Figs
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Juice


What you do:
- Chop the figs up (or cut them with kitchen scissors), let them soak in pomegranate juice for an hour
- While they are soaking start the batter by mixing all the dry ingredients (save a little almond flour for flouring the wax paper for rolling)
- In another bowl mix the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla
- Mix the dry and the wet together slowly
- Melt Coconut oil than add to the batter
- Chill dough in freezer for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat figs (after the hour is up) over medium-low heat till they are soft than blend in food processor. Set aside until cool, you dont want to make the roll with hot filling.
- Once dough is cold and filling is cool roll out dough between two pieces of wax paper (coating the bottom with a little almond flour to prevent sticking)
- Spread filling over rolled out dough
- Roll up as tightly as possible
- Return roll to freezer for 20 minutes
- Slice into 1/2" Pinwheels
- Coat cookie sheet with thin layer of coconut oil
- Leave enough space on cookie sheet (they will spread)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (till brown) and remove immediately from cookie sheet for cooling.
- ENJOY!!







No comments:

Post a Comment