Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Bacon and Sweet Potato

After discovering (or so I think) my sensitivity to eggs I had to come up with an alternative for breakfast. Alas... we had some bacon, when dont we have bacon in the fridge, and some onion... and a sweet potato... it resulted in a FANTASTIC breakfast!!

What you need:
- 1 Small Sweet Potato (cut into small pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Onion
- Mushrooms
- Bacon

What you do:
- Coat sweet potato in a little olive oil and roast at 300 degrees for about 8 minutes
- While they are roasting on medium heat cook sliced up bacon
- Once it starts to brown add onion
- When bacon is almost crispy add mushrooms
- About 2 minutes later pull potatos from oven and add (oil and all) to pan
- Cook for another minute than remove from heat and serve
- I like mine with a little balsamic vinegar on it... thats optional...





No comments:

Post a Comment