Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Paleo Eggless Protein Bars

Ok... so I used a whole bunch of recipes as "guidelines" for this one... but I am so so so excited I came up with it on own! I needed a solution to replace my egg muffins in the morning at work that contains enough protein to get me through till lunch. I looked for "egg free" protein bars, but most contained oats and grains, than I looked for "paleo protein bars" and most contained eggs... so whats a girl to do.

Well, come up with a solution on my own!! I know how to bake (these are no bake though) but I am much more comfortable with these types of ingredients than I am with savory ones.

I cant wait to have them this week!! They came out fantastic!!


*Disclaimer: though the chocolate chips are dairy, nut and soy free they are not considered totally Paleo, so if you are doing a Paleo Challenge or staying completely 100% Paleo this recipe will cost you points.*


What you need:
- 2 Cups Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (I used salted Trader Joes)
- 1 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Cup "Enjoy Life" Soy Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Chocolate Chips


What you do:
- Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan.
- At the same time combine almonds, coconut, and almond butter in a food processor, blend
- Transfer to bowl (or if you have a large enough food processor I suppose you could keep it in there) and add protein powder and salt than mix with hand mixer
- At this point the coconut oil should be done melting, add vanilla and agave
- Mix into nut mixture
- Press mixture into 8X8 Pan
- Let refrigerate for an hour
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over really low heat (mixing constantly)
- Pour over chilled bars
- Return to fridge for another 20 minutes and they should be ready to serve!

I had Hubs test when he got home from the gym... he said they were fantastic! So proud of myself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment