Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

CUPCAKE FAIL

Well... I tried to make a new recipe this weekend. When I make the Paleo Brownies they get pretty good reviews, so I attempted a cupcake and frosting recipe. I am going to keep the recipe to myself for the protection of the book I got it out of. This totally could have been a "baker's error" but they didnt come out good at all.

The cupcakes themselves looked ok when they came out of the oven, but as I was making the frosting I was not very happy with the flavor, kept adding and adding coco powder and maple syrup to sweeten it up... after dinner I tasted one. At that point I was going to toss them all, but was convinced by my friends to leave them out for other people to try...

The cake part was really dry, really dense and just totally flavorless.The frosting was "interesting" to say the least. I put off a good front that it was going to be a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting... but no, not even close!

I think by far this was the BEST reaction. Just goes to show you that is ok... not every recipe is going to be a success! This is my god child, she came outside after and said "Auntie, I didnt know you made those cupcakes for me... they werent very good..." Hahahaha!! I assured her that I didnt make them for her that they were an "experiment!!" I didnt think she would even try one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment