Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots

Now that Z is eating all finger foods... damn time is flying... I have been looking for ways to make veggies more fun. Not that he dosent eat his veggies normally... Kid love him some zucchini and carrots... but this is something I can send to daycare that is not just plain old veggies. Hubs and I tried them too and they are pretty good!!


Recipe: Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots

Ingredients:
1 Small Head of Cauliflower (or half of  large head)
1/3 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1/4 C Grated Parmesan
2 tbsp Almond Flour (I substituted with GF Al Purpose Flour for Z @ School, no nut products)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Egg

Directions:
Chop up the Cauliflower into big chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl with plastic wrap over the top. Microwave for 2 minutes to get it soft (if you don’t have a micro, boil it for a few minutes, you just want it tender enough to be able to puree it in the food processor easily). If there is any water, drain it. Otherwise put it in the food processor and chop it all up… not to much so it is not puree.

In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, cheddar, parmesan, flour and salt. Once it is all combined add the egg.

Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into mini muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes @ 400 degrees. Take them out, flip each one of them over in the tins and bake for another 15 minutes.


The website says that they don’t reheat well, I disagree. I made 24 of these (one batch) and put them in the fridge and served them 3 at a time to Z. He loved them and they were perfectly fine reheated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment