Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I was looking for a good pancake recipe to feed the Little Monster. This one fit the bill and what better way to start a Sunday than with Chocolate Chip Pancakes!! It was his first... of probubly many... experiences with chocolate chip pancakes! Mama (me) loved them growing up and still loves them to this day!! 

Enjoy!!

Recipe: Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:
3 Eggs
1/4 C Coconut Milk (you can use almond)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Agave (recipe calls for honey but I used agave because I fed them to Z)
2 tbsp Coconut Flour
1/3 C Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Banana

Directions:
Her directions on the website are a little more extensive than mine… I just tossed everything above into my Ninja with the paddle attachment and gave it a whirl. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to get a little thicker and you are ready to go.

I used my tabletop griddle and made all 6 pancakes at once. I suppose I could have made them a bit smaller and a few more of them. Once the edges got bubbly I added some chocolate chips and flipped. You can also add banana slices at that time too.


They were a little messy flipping and I thought they burned because they got a little dark, but they tasted amazing and the Little Man certainly approved!!


No comments:

Post a Comment