Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Scones (Nut Free & Paleo)

The fifth and final week of the Open 2014…

Recipe made 56 scones (tripled the original recipe found HERE). I  am not sure if it is because I tripled it that they came out really soft, but when I think of a scone, I think of them being a little drier. This boggled my mind because of the amount of coconut flour in them which I find always dries things out. Oh well, lesson learned I will bake them a little longer next time… and I don’t think there was one complaint about them at the gym…

I did also have to pry them out of Hubs’ hands to take them there… he was happy to have the first taste fresh out of the oven!

I logged it as written below into my fitness pal and got the following facts: 58 Calories, 1g Carb, 2g Fat, 1g Protein

What You Need:
9 Eggs
Zest from 3 Lemons
3/4 C Lemon Juice (I squeezed the lemons I zested and than one more)
3/4 C Coconut Milk
1 1/2  Tsp Vanilla
3/4 C Raw Honey
1 1/2 C Coconut Flour
1 1/2 C Arrow Root Powder
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
3/4  Tsp Salt
18 oz Fresh Blueberries

What You Do:
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mix eggs and wet ingredients in large bowl
- Add dry ingredients (I put it all through the sifter and added it slowly to the wet batter)
- The batter should be pretty thick, if its not, let it stand for a few minutes and let it thicken a bit
- Fold in blueberries
- Spoon (with heaping tablespoon) scones onto parchment lined sheets
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool


No comments:

Post a Comment