Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Paleo Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

If these tasted as good as they smelled when they where baking I knew I was going to have a big hit on my hands! Always looking for a yummy bite size snack that is delish and not filled with sugar.

I made these for week number three of the Open 2014 for CrossFit Wachusett. Cant wait to see how much everyone likes them.

The original recipe is HERE. They made 9 large muffins with the recipe. I wanted to make mini muffins to share with the gym peeps... plus I think its more fun to have bite size goodies!! The recipe mad 48 mini muffins.

I put the recipe into My Fitness Pal and this is the result of one mini muffin:  Cal. 63, Carb 8g, Fat 4g, Protein 2g.

What You Need:
3 Bananas
3 Eggs
1/4 C Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 C Almond Butter (I used salted)
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Chopped Walnuts (however much you want)
Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (however much you want)

What You Do:
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mash bananas with a fork so they are still slightly chunky
- Add eggs, syrup, almond butter and vanilla and  mix with hand mixer
- Sift coconut flour into mix than add cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder and hand mix together
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts, I grinded my walnuts in the food processor to make them really small
- Use mini muffin cups or coat the inside of a mini muffin tray with coconut oil (really really well)
- Fill cups/tin with a tablespoon each of batter
- Bake for 10 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean), leave in pan to cool to touch and than flip out of pan onto cooling rack.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment