I made these for week number three of the Open 2014 for CrossFit Wachusett. Cant wait to see how much everyone likes them.
The original recipe is HERE. They made 9 large muffins with the recipe. I wanted to make mini muffins to share with the gym peeps... plus I think its more fun to have bite size goodies!! The recipe mad 48 mini muffins.
I put the recipe into My Fitness Pal and this is the result of one mini muffin: Cal. 63, Carb 8g, Fat 4g, Protein 2g.
What You Need:
1/4 C Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 C Almond Butter (I used salted)
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Chopped Walnuts (however much you want)
Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (however much you want)
What You Do:
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mash bananas with a fork so they are still slightly chunky
- Add eggs, syrup, almond butter and vanilla and mix with hand mixer
- Sift coconut flour into mix than add cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder and hand mix together
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts, I grinded my walnuts in the food processor to make them really small
- Use mini muffin cups or coat the inside of a mini muffin tray with coconut oil (really really well)
- Fill cups/tin with a tablespoon each of batter
- Bake for 10 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean), leave in pan to cool to touch and than flip out of pan onto cooling rack.