Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Paleo Coconut Brownie Bites

Week two of the Open 2014 I decided to bring this treat with me to share...

The original recipe is from HERE. I am really excited to explore the website for some more paleo deliciousness...

What You Need:
1 1/3 C Walnuts
2/3 C Cacao Powder
40 Pitted Dates
2 Tbsp Vanilla
4 Tbsp Coconut Milk
1/2 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes

What You Do:
- Process coconut in food processor and set aside in a small bowl. This is for rolling the balls in at the end.
- Process cacao powder and walnuts (this makes that wonderful powdery mess so be careful when you open it, also don’t over process or your walnuts will be too fine)
- Add dates and vanilla to processor (you might want to soak the dates in water for a few minutes before adding them to soften them a bit)
- Add coconut milk and vanilla and process until a dough is formed in the processor. This is where I thought the dough was going to kill my precious food processor, stop before it starts to wine at you, it gets pretty thick.
- Put dough in a bowl and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours, or overnight… or I put it in the freezer for about an hour… it just has to be cold.
- I chose to make 1/2 inch balls… more to share and more bite size. I rolled the balls than rolled them in coconut.
- Keep them cold until you serve!

Again, I doubled the recipe that is listed on the website link because I was making them for a large group. I rolled 1/2 inch balls and the recipe made about 80 of them. I put the recipe into My Fitness Pal and this is the result of one serving:  Cal. 53, Carb 10g, Fat 2g, Protein 1g.

No comments:

Post a Comment