Whats This?

This recipe blog is an extension of my original blog Motivation... Determination... Drive. Having been asked numerous times what is involved in paleo eating and the simple question "so... what can you eat?" I have decided to put this collection together. Some of the recipes will be original, and some will be modifications (or replicas) of recipes I have found in cookbooks books or on line. Every recipe listed will be something I have tried, nothing that I think just looks good and want to attempt. As a disclaimer, I will not take credit for those found at other sources, if you are to use one listed with a link attached please give credit to the original site. Thank You and happy eating!!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Paleo Coffee Cake

I got this recipe here… http://paleoninjas.com/2011/09/06/paleo-coffee-cake/, I made it for Christmas morning at my parents house. It came out ok... I know I want to heat the coconut oil a little less for the topping next time... practice makes perfect on this one!

*Disclaimer: Honey is considered Paleo in moderation. If doing a Paleo Challenge check the "rules" of your challenge to be sure that it s allowed in moderation or risk losing points.*

What you need:
Cake
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp honey

What you do:
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl
- In smaller bowl mix wet ingredients
- Slowly mix wet into dry
- Pour into 8X8 pan greased with coconut oil
- Mix topping ingredients, and swirl with a knife into cake
- Bake 25-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment